From funny kid in class to national speaker and consultant
I was five years old when I discovered that I could make people laugh, and it hooked me for life.
In high school speech class, I was the kid who wore a bathrobe and curlers to create a character who quickly had the whole room laughing. My heroines were Carol Burnett and Lucille Ball.
But it wasn’t until I became a mom that my courage and creativity flourished. My miserations about mommyhood led me to write a weekly humor column called Slightly Off, which I penned in the Chicagoland Daily Herald and other papers for 17 years and created a character called the Slightly Off Supermom.
And once again I heard the sound that was music to my ears: laughter.
When I started sharing my experiences onstage as a Motivational Keynote Speaker, I found that place where courage and creativity meet humor and laughter. Now, my lifelong goal is to inspire and motivate others to find this happy place too. It’s here that we can achieve success with more fun and less stress.
- NBC-TV Chicago, IL
- FOX-TV Chicago, IL
- WCPO-TV Cincinnati, OH
- INC-6 TV Cincinnati, OH
- WKRC-TV Cincinnati, OH
- WFLA-TV Tampa, FL
- WUSN-99 Chicago, IL
- CKOV 63 AM BC
- KCVM FM Black Hawk, IA
- KHFI-FM – Austin, TX
- KKEA AM Honolulu, HI
- KKXL-FM Grand Forks, ND
- KTRC AM Santa Fe, NM
- KWAV-FM Monterey, CA
- Mom Talk Radio
At A Glance
- TEDx Speaker UW-Milwaukee, 2019
- National Speaker and Presentation Coach – 1995-Present
- Founder of Business Speaker Academy 2018
- USA Today’s Storyteller and Storyteller Award 2018
- National Speakers Association, Member of the Year 2007
- Nationally syndicated humor columnist 1990-2007
- Multiple appearances on local and national television shows and radio broadcasts, including NBC Chicago.
- Published in Writer's Digest, Women's Day, Better Homes & Gardens, and many other national magazines and newspapers, including the Chicagoland Daily Herald, and Milwaukee Journal
- Creative Writing Instructor and speaker at multiple national conferences and societies, including the Erma Bombeck Writer’s Conference, the National Society of Newspaper Columnists, and The Writer's Institute
- Author of humor book Tales of a Slightly Off Supermom: Fighting for Truth, Justice and Clean Underwear, 2003
- BA Communications, Columbia College, Chicago, IL
Television Production and Promotion, WCIA-TV, Champaign, IL